- How do I declare a major in English?
- Can I declare an English major while studying abroad?
- Who will be my advisor?
- Do 20XXX-level English courses count toward my English major?
- What if I want to study abroad?
- Do courses taken during study abroad count toward my English major?
May I receive credit towards the major for courses taken at other colleges or universities?
Contact Kelly Huth in 356 O'Shaughnessy or at 631-7226. She will set up an appointment with the Director of Undergraduate Studies, who will discuss the major with you, explain the requirements, and help you choose your first majors-level classes.
No. You must declare your English major before you leave Notre Dame, or else you will have to wait until your next time on campus.
No. A 20XXX-level literature course can be used to satisfy your University or College literature requirement, and a 20XXX creative writing class will satisfy your University or College fine arts requirement.
Yes, absolutely. What better way to learn about Shakespeare than to go to England or about Joyce than to go to Ireland? For more advice see our English Major Study Abroad page.
See our Transfer Credit page.