Creative Writing Honors Thesis Deadlines and Requirements
Creative Writing Honors Thesis Requirements and Deadlines
Students accepted into the Creative Writing Honors Concentration will be assigned a faculty advisor. They will meet with their advisor and write their theses throughout their senior year. The thesis will consist of an abstract, a 10-15 page critical essay, and a creative project. The project must entail 40 pages of prose or 20 pages of poetry or the equivalent under the discretion of the Director of Creative Writing.
The deadlines for the Thesis are as follows:
1. Submit complete draft of thesis to advisor (April 9, 2018) two weeks before the final draft due date.
2. Final draft of thesis including introductory essay and works cited due to the advisor Monday of the second to last week of classes (April 23, 2018).
3. Abstract and final title of thesis due to the English Department (Kelly Huth) on Monday of the last week of classes (April 30, 2018).
4. Creative Writing Honors Thesis Reading. Reading Days, Spring 2018: specific time/date/location TBA.
5. Completed thesis with correct formatting (MLA style) submitted both electronically and in hard copy to the English Department (Kelly Huth) by noon on the first Monday of finals week (May 7, 2018).