Creative Writing Honors Concentration
Creative Writing Honors Concentrators complete all the requirements of the English Major and the Creative Writing Concentration and write a Creative Thesis their senior year under the supervision of a faculty advisor. Interested students should apply in the spring of their junior year.
The Creative Thesis may take the form of a stories, novella, poetry collection, essay collection, or a hybrid project of your own devising as approved by the Director of Creative Writing. In addition to the creative project itself, the completed thesis will include a 10-15 page critical introduction, an abstract, and a works cited.
Students who wish to join the Creative Writing Honors Concentration and write a Creative Thesis must:
- Have an English Department GPA of 3.78 or above (3.6 at the discretion of the Director of Creative Writing).
- Complete all the requirements for the English Major.
- Complete all the requirements in the Concentration in Creative Writing.
- Write and submit a creative thesis according to the deadlines below under the supervision of a faculty advisor.
- For thesis requirements and deadlines click here.
The application form includes a 250-word project proposal; a list of creative writing courses taken; and a list of preferred faculty advisors. Please note: we cannot ensure first choice of faculty advisors. Deadline for Applications: February 15, 2017.